MSc Biology - University of Wroclaw (theme: birds community in the part of Sudeten)
From 1994 - I work as scientist in the Stolowe Mts. National Park.Now: opened Doctoral Thesis, Univ. of Wroclaw.
Theme: Breeding biology, food and behaviour of the Pygmy Owl (Glaucidium passerinum) in Sudeten.
Generally interested owls biology and behaviour, specially Pygmy, Eagle and Tengmalm’s Owl, ringer and amateur photographer.
My study area: Sudeten, Carpathian region and Bialowieza Primeval Forest.
Editorial board of the journal “Buteo” specialized about birds of prey and owls (Czech Society) and board member of Eagle Conservation Committee (KOO). Founder and leader of the Owl Conservation Club in Poland (part of the Eagle Conservation Committee).
- Pikulska B., Mikusek R. 1997. Dormouse Glis glis in the owl food in Stolowe Mts. Przegl. Zool. 41, 1-2: 109-111
- Mikusek R. 1999. Alpine shrew Sorex alpinus in pellets of the birds of prey in the Klodzko Land. Chr. Przyr. Ojcz. 55,5: 94-98
- Mikusek R., Kloubec S., Obuch J. 2001. Diet of the Pygmy Owl (Glaucidium passerinum) in eastern part of Central Europe. BUTEO 12: 47-59
- Mikusek R. 2001. Biology and number of the Pygmy Owl in the Stolowe Mts. Not. Orn. 42,4: 219-231.
- Mikusek R., Stawarczyk T., Wuczyński A., Lontkowski J. 2003. Abundance and diversity Birds of Prey in the Klodzko Land. BUTEO 13: 3-10
- Mikusek R., Dyrcz A. 2003. Birds of the Stolowe Mts. Not. Orn. 44: 89-119
- Mikusek R. 2004. Owls of the Klodzko Land. Not. Orn. 45: 133-146
IBC Personal statistics:
- First material posted on 12 July 2005
- Number of videos posted: 2 covering 1 species (0.01%)
- Number of photos posted: 0 covering 0 species (0%)
- Number of sounds posted: 0 covering 0 species (0%)
Material by Romuald Mikusek on IBC
PhotosSee all 0 photos
- No photos contributed yet