Chemist, owned a private laboratory for chemical analysis in the environmental field until end of the year 2000. Retired early, except for some consulting mandates.
Has been birdwatching for more than 40 years.
Many of Max's sequences are taken in Nosara, Costa Rica, where he owns the Lagarta Lodge at the entry to Reserva Biologica Nosara www.lagarta.com.
- 1970/71: Started with nature photography during a stage in South Africa.
- 1973 - 2000: Different trips throughout Europe, Africa and other Continents.
- 1991 - 2001: One or two stages in Costa Rica per year. In the last few years I has been leading tours for bird watchers.
- 09.2001 - 06.2002: Extensive trip by Landrover through out the southern part of South America (Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru and Brazil).
- 1998: Started with video, especially on animals. Experience in birdwatching and specific know how about Costa Rica has greatly helped Max to get video sequences in the Neotropical fauna.
IBC Personal statistics:
- First material posted on 17 September 2004
- Number of videos posted: 349 covering 209 species (2.1%)
- Number of photos posted: 0 covering 0 species (0%)
- Number of sounds posted: 0 covering 0 species (0%)
Material by Max Roth on IBC
SoundsSee all 0 sounds
- No sound recordings available yet