Yellow-bellied Wattle-eye (Dyaphorophyia concreta) - HBW 11, p. 197
French: Pririt à ventre doré
Spanish: Batis-carunculado Ventrigualdo
Other common names: Chestnut-bellied Wattle-eye; Golden-bellied Wattle-eye (graueri); Kungwe Wattle-eye (kungwensis)
Taxonomy: Platystira concreta Hartlaub, 1855, Guinea.
Closest to D. blissetti; black-breasted morph of Angolan race ansorgei suspected of being hybrid between the two. Race kungwensis has been thought possibly to represent a separate species. Proposed races kumbaensis (from SE Nigeria and SW Cameroon), harterti (from Cameroon) and silvae (from Uganda and Kenya) considered synonymous with graueri; lomaensis (from Sierra Leone) merged with nominate and canzelae (from Angola) with ansorgei. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- concreta (Hartlaub, 1855) - Sierra Leone (Loma Mts), Guinea (Macenta district), Liberia, SW Ivory Coast and S Ghana (Lateh).
- graueri E. J. O. Hartert, 1908 - SE Nigeria, S Cameroon and SW Central African Republic S to Gabon and N & W PRCongo; E DRCongo (Ituri S to Kivu) E to adjoining SW Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi; W Kenya (Kakamega Forest, N & S Nandi Forest).
- kungwensis Moreau, 1941 - Mt Kungwe (including Mt Mahali), in W Tanzania.
- ansorgei E. J. O. Hartert, 1905 - W Angola (N Cuanza Norte S to SE Benguela).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No videos available yet
- No sound recordings available yet