White-throated Greenbul (Phyllastrephus albigularis) - HBW 10, p. 216
French: Bulbul à gorge blanche
Spanish: Bulbul Gorgiblanco
Taxonomy: Xenocichla albigularis Sharpe, 1882, Fantee, Ghana.
Distinctive species of unclear affinities; not obviously closely related to any other member of genus. Two subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- albigularis (Sharpe, 1882) - SW Senegal, and Sierra Leone and SE Guinea E through C Nigeria to SW Central African Republic and S to S PRCongo; also NW, W & E DRCongo (Duma, lower R Congo at Kunungu, and E from Sankuru and Kasai), SE Central African Republic, extreme S Sudan, and NW, W & C Uganda.
- viridiceps Rand, 1955 - NW Angola (Cuanza Norte, N Cuanza Sul).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No photographs available yet
- No sound recordings available yet