White-browed Piculet (Sasia ochracea) - HBW 7, p. 436
French: Picumne à sourcils blancs
Spanish: Carpinterito Cejiblanco
Other common names: Himalayan Rufous Piculet (ochracea); Burmese Rufous Piculet (reichenowi)
Taxonomy: Sasia ochracea Hodgson, 1836, Nepal.
Race hasbroucki, described from S Myanmar and S Thailand, is synonymous with reichenowi. Birds from S Assam, Bangladesh and SW Myanmar sometimes separated as race querulivox on basis of paler coloration, but this matched by individuals from SE Asia. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- ochracea Hodgson, 1836 - N India (N Uttar Pradesh) and C Nepal E to N & C Thailand and Vietnam.
- kinneari Stresemann, 1929 - extreme N Vietnam (Tonkin) and adjacent S China (Yunnan, Guangxi).
- reichenowi Hesse, 1911 - S Myanmar (Tenasserim) and SW Thailand S to Isthmus of Kra.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
白眉棕啄木鸟 White-browed Piculet (Sasia ochracea), Mae Wong NP, ThailandThe piculet is catching a worm in a reed. — 在 Mae Wong NP, Th Locality Mae Wong National Park, North Western Thailand, Thailand (ssp ochracea)
bird.soong 10 November 2012 25 weeks ago 26 sec 4.6
This bird was foraging in the undergrowth. Locality Western Thailand, Thailand (ssp ochracea )
Yoel Jimenez 6 December 2008 4 years ago 13 sec 3.3
- No sound recordings available yet