Tiny Greenbul (Phyllastrephus debilis) - HBW 10, p. 217
French: Bulbul minute
Spanish: Bulbul Chico
Other common names: Slender Bulbul, Smaller Yellow-throated/Miniature Greenbul; Usambara/Green-headed Greenbul (albigula)
Taxonomy: Xenocichla debilis W. L. Sclater, 1899, north of Inhambane, south Mozambique.
No close relatives; conspicuously smaller than any of its congeners. Race albigula considered by some to be possibly an incipient species, but intergrades with other races reported. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- rabai Hartert & van Someren, 1921 - C & S coastal Kenya and NE coastal Tanzania (S to R Rufiji).
- albigula (Grote, 1919) - Usambara Mts, Nguru Mts and Nguu Mts, in E Tanzania.
- debilis (W. L. Sclater, 1899) - SE Tanzania, S Mozambique and extreme E Zimbabwe (Haroni-Rusitu).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No videos available yet
- No sound recordings available yet