Slender-billed Xenops (Xenops tenuirostris) - HBW 8, p. 355
French: Sittine des rameaux
Spanish: Picolezna Picofino
Taxonomy: Xenops tenuirostris Pelzeln, 1859, Salto do Jirau, Rio Madeira, Rondônia, Brazil.
Racial assignment of birds from Venezuela tentative; currently included in acutirostris but apparently unlike typical specimens of that race; specimens from Guyana also included with acutirostris but possibly belong to hellmayri; further research required. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- acutirostris Chapman, 1923 - W Guyana, S Venezuela (S Amazonas, Bolívar) and SE Colombia (S from Caquetá and Vaupés) S to NE Peru.
- hellmayri Todd, 1925 - Surinam and French Guiana.
- tenuirostris Pelzeln, 1859 - SE Peru, Amazonian Brazil (S of R Amazon) and N Bolivia (Pando, NW La Paz, N Santa Cruz).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
An individual hanging on a branch.
Locality Los Amigos Biological Station (CICRA), Madre de Dios Department, Peru (ssp tenuirostris)
Joe Tobias 12 October 2004 1 year ago 2.5
A bird hanging on a branch.
Locality Los Amigos Biological Station (CICRA), Madre de Dios Department, Peru (Monotypic species)
Joe Tobias 12 October 2004 1 year ago 2.3
- No sound recordings available yet