Short-billed Leaftosser (Sclerurus rufigularis) - HBW 8, p. 351
French: Sclérure à bec court
Spanish: Tirahojas Piquicorto
Other common names: Short-billed Leafscraper
Taxonomy: Sclerurus rufigularis Pelzeln, 1868, Borba, Amazonas, Rio Madeira, Brazil.
Plumage similarities have suggested to most authors that this and S. mexicanus are sister-species. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- fulvigularis Todd, 1920 - S Venezuela (Amazonas, Bolívar), the Guianas and N Brazil (probably in Roraima).
- brunnescens Todd, 1948 - SE Colombia (S from Meta and Vaupés), W Brazil N of R Amazon (E to possibly right bank of R Negro), E Ecuador and NE Peru (N of R Amazon in Amazonas, Loreto and San Martín).
- furfurosus Todd, 1948 - N Brazil N of R Amazon (E from possibly R Negro).
- rufigularis Pelzeln, 1868 - S of R Amazon in NE Peru (N Loreto), Brazil (Amazonas E to Maranhão, S to N Mato Grosso) and E Bolivia (E Beni, NE Santa Cruz).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
Bird captured in mist nets during ecological research to understand the effect of different types of land use on the avifauna Am
Locality Almeirim, Pará State, Brazil
Christian Andretti 3 February 2005 7 weeks ago 3.7
Individual in hand
Locality Nouragues Reserve, French Guiana (ssp fulviguralis)
maxcobigo 6 April 2009 3 years ago 3
- No sound recordings available yet