Scarce Swift (Schoutedenapus myoptilus) - HBW 5, p. 434
French: Martinet de Shoa
Spanish: Vencejo de Shoa
Other common names: Chapin’s Swift
Taxonomy: Cypselus myoptilus Salvadori, 1888, Let Marefia, Shoa.
Genus previously merged into Apus; affinities uncertain. Formerly considered to include S. schoutedeni as a race. In past, race poensis was considered a race of Apus unicolor. Species name sometimes misspelt myioptilus. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- poensis (Alexander, 1903) - Bioko I (Fernando Póo, in Gulf of Guinea).
- chapini (Prigogine, 1957) - E Zaire, Rwanda and SW Uganda.
- myoptilus (Salvadori, 1888) - scattered populations from Ethiopia S to Zimbabwe.
- Least Concern
- No videos available yet
- No photographs available yet
- No sound recordings available yet