Rufous-tailed Lark (Ammomanes phoenicura) - HBW 9, p. 577
French: Ammomane à queue rouge
Spanish: Terrera Colirroja
Other common names: Rufous-tailed Desert Lark/Finch-Lark
Taxonomy: Mirafra phoenicura Franklin, 1831, Vindhya Hills between Benares and Gurrah Mundela on the Narbudda, India.
Has been thought to form a superspecies with A. cinctura, and in the past considered conspecific. Is, however, more similar morphologically, vocally and in habitat choice to A. deserti, and likely to be more closely related to that species. Birds from S India often separated as race testacea, but appear indistinguishable from other populations. Monotypic.
Distribution: NE Pakistan (probably irregular) and most of India (except NW, N & NE).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- 4.3 A bird feeding... India, Feb 2011 Josep del Hoyo
- 4.1 A bird foragin... India, Feb 2011 Josep del Hoyo
- 4 An individual ... India, Feb 2011 Josep del Hoyo
- 3.6 side and front... India, Dec 2009 Martin Kennewell
- 3.6 front and side... India, Dec 2009 Martin Kennewell
- 3.3 Two birds on t... India, Feb 2011 Josep del Hoyo
- 3 front view per... India, Dec 2009 Martin Kennewell