Rufous-shafted Woodstar (Chaetocercus jourdanii) - HBW 5, p. 678
French: Colibri de Jourdan
Spanish: Colibrí de Jourdan
Other common names: Jourdan’s Woodstar
Taxonomy: Ornismya Jourdanii Bourcier, 1839, Trinidad.
Often treated as sole member of present genus, but no evidence in external morphology for treatment in a different genus from those species traditionally placed in Acestrura. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- jourdanii (Bourcier, 1839) - Trinidad and NE Venezuela (mountains of Cumaná).
- rosae (Bourcier & Mulsant, 1846) - highlands of N Venezuela (Zulia to Distrito Federal).
- andinus Phelps & Phelps, Jr., 1949 - Andes of Venezuela (Lara to Táchira) and E Andes of N Colombia.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No videos available yet
A male on a branch.
Locality Posada de Aves, San Antonio de Los Altos, Miranda State, Venezuela (ssp rosae)
Eduardo López 21 November 2009 4 years ago 3.8
Appeared briefly while walking on a trail of cloud forest, flew like a bee in front of this tree with flowers
Locality Sanare, Lara State, Venezuela
Luis R Figueroa 22 June 2013 23 weeks ago 3.6
- No sound recordings available yet