Rufous-brown Solitaire (Cichlopsis leucogenys) - HBW 10, p. 697
French: Grive roux-brun
Spanish: Solitario Ocre
Other common names: Guyanan Solitaire (gularis)
Taxonomy: C.(ichlopsis) leucogenys Cabanis, 1851, Brazil.
Has been treated in genus Myadestes, but very different vocally and in plumage. Geographical variation fairly strong, and vocal evidence may reveal that one or more of the races would be better treated as full species. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- gularis Salvin & Godman, 1882 - SE Venezuela, Guyana and Suriname.
- chubbi Chapman, 1924 - SW Colombia and NW Ecuador.
- peruviana Hellmayr, 1930 - C Peru.
- leucogenys Cabanis, 1851 - E Brazil (Bahia, Espírito Santo).
- Least Concern Enlarge map