Plain-colored Seedeater (Catamenia inornata) - HBW 16, p. 667
French: Cataménie terne
Spanish: Semillero Sencillo
Other common names: Plain Seedeater
Taxonomy: Linaria inornata Lafresnaye, 1847, Bolivia.
Molecular data suggest that genus is part of a clade which includes Haplospiza, as well as Phrygilus unicolor and Phrygilus plebejus (but not other members of latter genus). Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- mucuchiesi Phelps, Sr & Gilliard, 1941 - páramos of Mérida, in W Venezuela.
- minor Berlepsch, 1885 - W Venezuela (Táchira) S through Andes of Colombia (E & C ranges) and Ecuador to C Peru (Junín).
- inornata (Lafresnaye, 1847) - Andes of SW Peru (Cuzco and Puno) and extreme N Chile (N Tarapacá) E to C Bolivia and NW Argentina (S to C Mendoza).
- cordobensis Nores & Yzurieta, 1983 - NC Argentina (Córdoba).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
A bird feeding on the ground. Locality El Cajas National Park, Azuay Province, Ecuador (ssp minor)
Paul Clarke 1 March 2012 1 year ago 13 sec 4.3
A bird eating seeds on a plant Locality Moldes, Córdoba Province, Argentina (ssp inornata)
Barry Attridge 9 December 2006 6 years ago 11 sec 4.2
A male perched and flying away, slow motioned for a better view Locality Pasochoa, Pichincha Province, Ecuador (ssp minor)
Alex García · Videoaves 7 July 2011 1 year ago 10 sec 3.8
First a male bird perched and later a male feeding. Locality Satipo Road, Junín Department, Peru (ssp minor )
Yoel Jimenez 10 November 2012 36 weeks ago 19 sec 3.7
adult male bird Locality Satipo Road, Junín Department, Peru (ssp minor)
Daniêl Jimenez 9 November 2012 41 weeks ago 19 sec 3.7
female bird Locality Satipo Road, Junín Department, Peru (ssp minor)
Daniêl Jimenez 9 November 2012 41 weeks ago 19 sec 3.4
foraging Locality Comas, Junín Department, Peru (ssp minor)
Daniêl Jimenez 11 November 2012 40 weeks ago 10 sec 2.8