Pink-footed Puffback (Dryoscopus angolensis) - HBW 14, p. 94
French: Cubla à pieds roses
Spanish: Cubla Patirrosada
Taxonomy: Dryoscopus angolensis Hartlaub, 1860, Bembe, Loanda Province [= Uíge], Angola.
Apparently most closely allied to D. sabini, juveniles of the two being strikingly alike and females very similar to each other in plumage. Race boydi not well defined, possibly represents clinal variation and perhaps better merged with nominate. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- boydi Bannerman, 1938 - extreme SE Nigeria and W Cameroon.
- angolensis Hartlaub, 1860 - S Gabon, S PRCongo, SW DRCongo and NW Angola.
- nandensis Sharpe, 1900 - extreme S Sudan, NE & E DRCongo, W & S Uganda, extreme NW Tanzania, W Rwanda and W Kenya.
- kungwensis Moreau, 1941 - Mt Kungwe Mahale (Mahare), in SW Tanzania.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
A male, this was the only one we saw during our time at Kakamega.
Locality Kakamega Forest, Kenya (ssp nandensis)
Perry Jonathan Smale 17 November 2012 1 year ago 3.4
Bird showing its feet
Locality Ruhija, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Dr_M_Zieger 14 February 2015 4 days ago ADDED LAST WEEK 2.5
- No sound recordings available yet