Pale-crowned Cisticola (Cisticola cinnamomeus) - HBW 11, p. 464
French: Cisticole châtaine
Spanish: Cistícola Castaño
Other common names: Wetland Cisticola (“taciturnus”)
Taxonomy: Cisticola cinnamomea Reichenow, 1904, Ngomingi, Uhehe District, south Tanzania.
Often considered conspecific with C. brunnescens, but the two occur together in PRCongo, where they occupy different habitats and are vocally quite distinct. Coastal populations in S Mozambique and E South Africa were described as race taciturnus, and even suggested as being a separate species, but evidence not widely accepted; retained in egregia. Three subspecies currently recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- midcongo Lynes, 1938 - SE Gabon, PRCongo and adjacent W DRCongo.
- cinnamomeus Reichenow, 1904 - C & E Angola, SE DRCongo, Zambia, S Tanzania, Zimbabwe and N Botswana.
- egregia (Roberts, 1913) - S Mozambique and E South Africa.
- Least Concern
- No videos available yet
- No photographs available yet
- No sound recordings available yet