Orange-collared Manakin (Manacus aurantiacus) - HBW 9, p. 156
French: Manakin à col orange
Spanish: Saltarín Cuellinaranja
Taxonomy: Chiromachaeris aurantiaca Salvin, 1870, Mina de Chorcha and Bugaba, Chiriquí, Panama.
Genus possibly closest to Chiroxiphia and Antilophia. Its four members form a superspecies, and all sometimes treated as conspecific under the name M. manacus. Alternatively, present species has been considered by some to be conspecific only with M. vitellinus. Monotypic.
Distribution: Pacific lowlands and foothills of S Costa Rica and SW Panama.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
PhotosSee all 29 photos
- 4.3 Female perched... Costa Rica, Aug 2012 manuel retana
- 4.1 Female feeding... Costa Rica, Apr 2012 manuel retana
- 4 A male bird al... Costa Rica, Mar 2005 LPJC
- 3.8 A female perch... Costa Rica, May 2009 manuel retana
- 3.8 Lateral view o... Costa Rica, Apr 2010 Chris and Megan Perkins
- 3.8 Dorsal view of... Costa Rica, Oct 2010 manuel retana
- No sound recordings available yet