Olive Ibis (Bostrychia olivacea) - HBW 1, p. 496
French: Ibis olive
Spanish: Ibis Oliváceo
Other common names: (African) Green Ibis; Dwarf Olive/Sao Tomé Ibis (bocagei)
Taxonomy: Ibis olivacea Du Bus de Gisignies, 1838, côte de Guinée = upper Guinea.
Sometimes placed in genus Lampribis, together with B. rara. Recent tendency to consider race bocagei a full species. Race rothschildi of Principé I extinct. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- olivacea (Du Bus de Gisignies, 1838) - Sierra Leone, Liberia.
- cupreipennis (Reichenow, 1903) - Cameroon, Gabon, Congo and Zaire.
- bocagei (Chapin, 1923) - São Tomé I.
- akleyorum (Chapman, 1912) - mountains of Kenya and Tanzania.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
Locality São Tomé, São Tomé and Principe (ssp bocagei)
Nik Borrow 6 August 2006 29 weeks ago 4.8
A very placid individual that flew up and perched as we approached but stood stealthily whislt we were around, returning to his
Locality Cao Grande, São Tomé, São Tomé and Principe (ssp bocagei)
Christian Boix Hinzen 4 November 2008 5 years ago 4.4
- No sound recordings available yet