Madagascar Brush-warbler (Nesillas typica) - HBW 11, p. 609
French: Nésille malgache
Spanish: Zarzalero Malgache
Other common names: Common Tsikirity; Anjouan Brush-warbler (longicaudata)
Taxonomy: Ellisia typica Hartlaub, 1860, Madagascar.
Formerly treated as conspecific with N. lantzii, but the two occur sympatrically without interbreeding. Has also been considered conspecific with N. brevicaudata, but differs vocally. Race longicaudata sometimes treated as a separate species. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- moheliensis Benson, 1960 - Mohéli (Mwali), in Comoro Is.
- longicaudata (E. Newton, 1877) - Anjouan (Ndzuani), in Comoro Is.
- typica (Hartlaub, 1860) - N, E, NW & C Madagascar, to edge of W savanna.
- obscura Delacour, 1931 - W savanna of Madagascar.
- Least Concern Enlarge map