Long-billed Honeyeater (Melilestes megarhynchus) - HBW 13, p. 630
Méliphage à long bec
Spanish: Mielero Piquilargo
megarhynchus G. R. Gray, 1858, Aru Islands.
Race stresemanni possibly better merged with vagans, as birds on Batanta I appear intermediate between the two. Proposed race brunneus (from Siwi, in Arfak Mts) is synonymized with nominate. Three subspecies currently recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- vagans (Bernstein, 1864) - Waigeo and Batanta, in West Papuan Is.
- megarhynchus (G. R. Gray, 1858) - West Papuan Is (Salawati and Misool), NW, S & E New Guinea (Vogelkop E to Weyland Mts and to Astrolabe Bay, Huon Peninsula and Milne Bay); Aru Is.
- stresemanni E. J. O. Hartert, 1930 - Yapen I and N New Guinea (Geelvink Bay E to Astrolabe Bay).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No videos available yet
- No sound recordings available yet