Grey Greenbul (Andropadus gracilis) - HBW 10, p. 199
French: Bulbul gracile
Spanish: Bulbul Grácil
Other common names: Little Grey Greenbul
Taxonomy: Andropadus gracilis Cabanis, 1880, Angola.
Genus formerly submerged in Pycnonotus. Sibling species of A. ansorgei. Similarities in appearance both to latter and to A. curvirostris have resulted in much confusion, historically and currently, which has obscured the status of each. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- extremus Hartert, 1922 - W Guinea E to Togo and SW Nigeria.
- gracilis Cabanis, 1880 - SE Nigeria (E of R Niger, also isolated population on Jos Plateau) E to C DRCongo and S to N Angola.
- ugandae van Someren, 1915 - E DRCongo E to C Uganda and W Kenya.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No sound recordings available yet