Grey Greenbul (Andropadus gracilis) - HBW 10, p. 199
French: Bulbul gracile
Spanish: Bulbul Grácil
Other common names: Little Grey Greenbul
Taxonomy: Andropadus gracilis Cabanis, 1880, Angola.
Genus formerly submerged in Pycnonotus. Sibling species of A. ansorgei. Similarities in appearance both to latter and to A. curvirostris have resulted in much confusion, historically and currently, which has obscured the status of each. Three subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- extremus Hartert, 1922 - W Guinea E to Togo and SW Nigeria.
- gracilis Cabanis, 1880 - SE Nigeria (E of R Niger, also isolated population on Jos Plateau) E to C DRCongo and S to N Angola.
- ugandae van Someren, 1915 - E DRCongo E to C Uganda and W Kenya.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
A front view of a bird
Locality Kakum National Park, Central Region, Ghana (ssp extremus )
Lars Petersson 22 January 2013 1 year ago 4
Locality Atewa Range, Ghana (ssp extremus)
Nik Borrow 20 February 2013 47 weeks ago 3.8
An adult in a tree
Locality Kakum National Park, Central Region, Ghana (ssp extremus)
Frederic Pelsy 11 April 2012 1 year ago 3.5
A bird foraging high in a tree.
Locality Masindi, Uganda (ssp ugandae)
David Beadle 11 February 2014 15 weeks ago 3.2
A bird perched in a tree.
Locality Ebekawopa (Abrafo) Forest, Central Region, Ghana
Ken Havard 25 November 2009 4 years ago 2.5
- No sound recordings available yet