Green Manakin (Chloropipo holochlora) - HBW 9, p. 160
French: Manakin vert
Spanish: Saltarín Verde
Other common names: Lita Manakin (suffusa, litae)
Taxonomy: Chloropipo holochlora P. L. Sclater, 1888, “Bogotá” = east slope of Andes in Bogotá area, Colombia.
Genus closely related to Xenopipo and sometimes merged with it, but differs in having far less extensive vocal repertoire. Races W of Andes (litae and, possibly inseparable from it, suffusa) may represent a separate species, but further study is required. Four subspecies currently recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- suffusa Griscom, 1932 - E Panama (San Blas, Darién) and adjacent NW Colombia.
- litae Hellmayr, 1906 - W of Andes in W Colombia and W Ecuador (S mainly to Pichincha).
- holochlora P. L. Sclater, 1888 - E slope of Andes and adjacent lowlands from Colombia (S from Meta) S to C Peru.
- viridior Chapman, 1924 - E slope of Andes in SE Peru.
- Least Concern Enlarge map