Forest Scrub-robin (Erythropygia leucosticta) - HBW 10, p. 759
French: Agrobate du Ghana
Spanish: Alzacola Selvático
Other common names: Northern Bearded/Moustached Scrub-robin, Western Bearded Robin; Gold Coast Scrub-robin (nominate); Colls’s Ground Robin (collsi)
Taxonomy: Cossypha leucosticta Sharpe, 1883, Accra, Ghana.
Genus often merged into Cercotrichas. Has been thought to form a superspecies with E. quadrivirgata, E. barbata and E. signata, and these four recently separated by some authors in genus Tychaedon. Four subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- colstoni ( Tye, 1991) - Sierra Leone (Kambui Hills) and Liberia.
- leucosticta ( Sharpe, 1883) - Ivory Coast and Ghana.
- collsi Alexander, 1907 - SE Central African Republic, NE DRCongo and W Uganda.
- reichenowi Hartert, 1907 - Huila Escarpment, in W Angola.
- Least Concern
- No videos available yet
- No photographs available yet
- No sound recordings available yet