Eastern Imperial Eagle (Aquila heliaca) - HBW 2, p. 194
French: Aigle impérial
Spanish: Aguila Imperial Oriental
Other common names: Imperial Eagle
Taxonomy: Aquila heliaca Savigny, 1809, upper Egypt.
Often considered conspicific with A. adalberti, but recent studies indicate that they are distinct species, differing notably in morphology and ecology. Forms superspecies with A. adalberti. E populations have occasionally been separated in race ricketti. Monotypic.
Distribution: C Europe and Turkey E to Transbaikalia and Mongolia. Winters S to E Africa, Arabia, N India and E China.
- Vulnerable Enlarge map
PhotosSee all 24 photos
- 4.7 First time rec... India, Dec 2010 Sharad Agrawal
- 4.2 Juvenile Imper... Israel, Dec 2012 Lior Kislev
- 4.1 3rd-4th c/y si... Russia, Aug 2011 Sergey Pisarevsky
- 4.1 3rd-4th c\y si... Russia, Aug 2011 Sergey Pisarevsky
- 4 3rd-4th cy? on... Israel, Mar 2001 Alain Fossé
- 4 Taking rest on... Qatar, Oct 2009 John A Thompson
- No sound recordings available yet