Dune Lark (Calendulauda erythrochlamys) - HBW 9, p. 560
French: Alouette à dos roux
Spanish: Alondra de las Dunas
Other common names: Aristida Lark, Red-backed Lark
Taxonomy: Alauda erythrochlamys Strickland, 1853, near Walvis Bay, Damaraland, Namibia.
Forms a superspecies with C. burra, C. albescens and C. barlowi; is sister-species to last of those, and no known range overlap between the two. Monotypic.
Distribution: WC Namibia: between R Kuiseb (Walvis Bay) and R Koichab (Lüderitz).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- 4.2 An adult perch... Namibia, Apr 2013 Ken Havard
- 4.2 on the run Namibia, Aug 2013 Marco Valentini
- 4.1 A bird foragin... Namibia, Jan 2011 Fran Trabalon
- 4 A bird feeding... Namibia, Aug 2007 Aleix Comas
- 3.8 Adult followin... Namibia, Aug 2013 Marco Valentini
- 3.7 Walking in its... Namibia, Jan 2011 Fran Trabalon