Dune Lark (Calendulauda erythrochlamys) - HBW 9, p. 560
French: Alouette à dos roux
Spanish: Alondra de las Dunas
Other common names: Aristida Lark, Red-backed Lark
Taxonomy: Alauda erythrochlamys Strickland, 1853, near Walvis Bay, Damaraland, Namibia.
Forms a superspecies with C. burra, C. albescens and C. barlowi; is sister-species to last of those, and no known range overlap between the two. Monotypic.
Distribution: WC Namibia: between R Kuiseb (Walvis Bay) and R Koichab (Lüderitz).
- Least Concern Enlarge map
PhotosSee all 12 photos
- 4.4 Dune Lark in e... Namibia, Sep 2014 Roland Bischoff
- 4.2 Dune lark in e... Namibia, Sep 2014 Roland Bischoff
- 4.2 An adult perch... Namibia, Apr 2013 Ken Havard
- 4.2 on the run Namibia, Aug 2013 Marco Valentini
- 4.1 A bird foragin... Namibia, Jan 2011 Fran Trabalon
- 4 A bird feeding... Namibia, Aug 2007 Aleix Comas
Dune Lark site near Walvis Bay Locality Walvis Bay, Erongo Region, Namibia
Charles Hesse 12 November 2009 5 years ago 4.5
A bird calling from the top of a sand dune. Locality Walvis Bay, Erongo Region, Namibia
Keith Blomerley 21 January 2007 1 week ago ADDED LAST MONTH 0