Bocage's Bush-shrike (Chlorophoneus bocagei) - HBW 14, p. 113
French: Gonolek à front blanc
Spanish: Bubú de Bocage
Other common names: Grey/Grey-green Bush-shrike
Taxonomy: Laniarius bocagei Reichenow, 1894, Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Genus sometimes subsumed in Malaconotus or in Telophorus; also, present species has been placed in Dryoscopus and Laniarius. May be closely allied with C. olivaceus. A specimen from Entebbe (Uganda), named as C. andaryae, was probably a hybrid between present species and C. sulfureopectus. Proposed race ansorgei (described from N'dalatando, in NW Angola), supposedly with slightly paler back, treated as synonym of nominate. Two subspecies recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- bocagei ( Reichenow, 1894) - SE Nigeria (Obudu Plateau) and S Cameroon S to NW Angola.
- jacksoni ( Sharpe, 1901) - NE & SC DRCongo, Uganda and W Kenya.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No photographs available yet
- No sound recordings available yet