Black-throated Apalis (Apalis jacksoni) - HBW 11, p. 474
French: Apalis à gorge noire
Spanish: Apalis Gorginegro
Taxonomy: Apalis jacksoni Sharpe, 1891, Mount Elgon, west Kenya.
Exhibits some affinities to A. chariessa. Race albimentalis often merged with nominate, but it is geographically remote and has some subtle plumage differences. Four subspecies currently recognized.
Subspecies and Distribution:
- bambuluensis Serle, 1949 - SE Nigeria and SW Cameroon highlands.
- minor Ogilvie-Grant, 1917 - S Cameroon, N Gabon, NW PRCongo, SW Central African Republic and N DRCongo.
- jacksoni Sharpe, 1891 - S Sudan, E DRCongo, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and N Tanzania.
- albimentalis Meise, 1958 - N Angola.
- Least Concern Enlarge map
- No videos available yet
Black-throated Apalis (Apalis jacksoni), female
Locality Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Jacques Erard 15 August 2010 21 weeks ago 4.4
Male perched on a branch.
Locality Castle Forest Lodge, Mount Kenya National Park, Kenya (ssp jacksoni)
Nick Athanas 28 August 2012 1 year ago 4.2
A bird on a twig
Locality Buhoma, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Uganda
Tadeusz Stawarczyk 7 July 2013 25 weeks ago 3.8
Locality Mount Kenya National Park, Kenya (ssp jacksoni)
Nik Borrow 14 November 2011 2 years ago 3.2
- No sound recordings available yet